May 31st I graduated from a six month schooling program at Bethany Bible School with an Associates degree in Hermeneutics. Man what a great experience. There is a completely separate blog about it where I literally documented every week of that Bible School (click here for the Bethany Bible School blog). But to save you the time and energy, here’s a brief summary 🙂
- Who: Myself and 49 other classmates
- What: study the bible with a new professor from different parts of the world every week that teach on different subjects- Associates in Hermeneutics
- When: January 4th-May 31st FULL TIME
- Where: Bethany Bible School (Bethany Slavic Missionary Church)
- Why: To get to know God (completely worth it!)
- How: lots and lots of sacrifice, and of course with God!
Every week we were privileged enough to be visited by several public speakers, professors, and pastors from all around the globe! Each guest speaker taught on subjects from prayer and fasting, to hermeneutics, to evangelism. And on top of all of that, we had after school activities almost everyday that were mandatory. Mondays we had home groups, Tuesdays I led a teen home group, Wednesdays we had outreaches (elderly, homeless, kids, and jail ministries), Thursdays we had youth at church, and Fridays we had prayer. Being consumed with the word of God every single day, an committing everything to Him has changed me in more ways than I can ever begin to tell! But trust me- quitting my job, taking a year off of school, putting my social life on pause- all of these sacrifices are so small compared to what I got back! This is just an experience that I will never forget!